- Career Quiz
- What next after the Career Quiz?
- Who does the sector suit?
- The sector and its roles
- Career Advice and Tips
- Attract employers (People Search)
- Looking for work
New migrants/People from multicultural backgrounds
Australia is home to a huge variety of cultures and communities and this diversity extends to the care sector.
Workers from different backgrounds and cultures are highly valued in the disability, community and aged care sector.
People who receive support often prefer and feel more comfortable with workers from a similar cultural background.
For a person receiving support, having a worker who understands their culture and speaks their language enables them to lead a more fulfilling and richer life.
The opportunities in the sector mean that the skills and experience you bring from your own background and culture are valued both by employers and customers.
- Engaging with people, including opportunities to work with people from your own cultural community
- Customer and people focused work
- Working close to home
- Making a difference in people’s lives
- Flexibility in your work / life balance
- On-the-job training opportunities
Your cultural and language experience give you an advantage working in the sector.
Want to know more? Contact our career centre for free, independent advice.