- Career Quiz
- What next after the Career Quiz?
- Who does the sector suit?
- The sector and its roles
- Career Advice and Tips
- Attract employers (People Search)
- Looking for work
Making a career change is not something you do lightly, but it can be a life-changing event.
People make career changes for many different reasons. These can include the desire to improve work conditions or work/life balance, external factors or simply being dissatisfied in a current role.
Is a career change right for you?
If you are planning a career change it’s important to be clear what you are looking for.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself :
- What do I want from my career?
- What do I have to offer?
- What sort of role and environment will I be happy working in?
- What sort of career would be a good fit with my personality and values?
If you are seeking a career change into a role in which you can really make a difference, then the disability, community and aged care sector offers a wide range of opportunities.
Career change into the disability, community and aged care sector
The following factors rate highly for many people who change careers to join our sector:
- Values – this sector offers you the chance to align personal and professional values.
- Making a difference – the oppoortunity to make a difference to people’s lives and give back to the community.
- Respect – by assisting others people develop greater self-awareness.
- Skill recognition – your skills and life experience may well be acknowledged through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) scheme.
- Development – there are many options for training and professional development in this sector.
- Work-life balance – the sector offers opportunities to balance work and lifestyle.
- Mutual benefits – it’s not just about what you can give to the job, it's also what you can gain from the experience.
Thinking about a career change? Contact our career centre for free and independent advice.
|National Police Checks Online||
A National Police Check may be required for some positions. Find out more if you are new to the sector.
|Working With Children Check||For some positions working with children and young people, you may undergo a Working With Children Check during your application - find out more.|
|Explore a wide range of course options delivered by trusted RTOs operating in the sector.|