- carecareers in Queensland
- Disability Jobs In Brisbane
- Disability Jobs In QLD
- Aged & Community Care Jobs In Brisbane
- Aged & Community Care Jobs In QLD
- Queensland Training Opportunities
- Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools
- NDIS Jobs Roadshow
Why be a Community Services Gateway to Industry School?
This Gateway to Industry Schools program is proudly supported and funded by the Queensland Government - Please note it is only available only in Queensland
Community Services are more than just vital for our communities – they are an undeniably major source of future jobs.
In the decade to 2025, the annual jobs growth forecast for the Community Services sector is predicted to be double the average national workforce growth rate and almost treble that of Queensland.*
But as a future career, Community Services can be unrecognised by young people, parents and schools - and difficult to connect to.
These vital gaps are a focus of the Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools project.
Support you can expect as a CSGISP school:
National Disability Services (NDS) of Queensland, is a national peak body and will work directly with schools to prepare students for this employment growth area. You can expect:
- Responsive support from your Project Manager
- Practical help to provide a range of opportunities for students to learn about and experience the Community Services industry – that are industry-relevant.
- Assistance to connect to guest speakers, structured workplace training, work experience placements and teaching staff development opportunities.
- Connection to current information and professional development
- A focus on enduring partnerships for the future employment of young people
Your key commitments as a CSGISP school:
- Nominating a Key School Contact
- Demonstrating community involvement (either existing or dedicated)
- Building and maintaining productive partnerships
- Encouraging and spreading the word
- Promoting career advice and information targeting Community Services Careers
- Helping with evaluation of the project
- Offering a Certificate II or III in Community Services aligned training as part of your school’s Vocational Education Training (VET) offerings.
Want to express your interest? Contact the CSGISP Project Officer to hear more.
(*Deloitte Access Economics, 2016, Forecasting the future: Community Services in Queensland 2025 Full Report)