Look for an employer
Search the carecareers Employer Directory below by location or employer name – you may just find your next employer!
PO Box 379
Motor Neurone Disease Tasmania
The Motor Neurone Disease Association of Tasmania was founded in 1986, to assist people living with Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and their carers by providing useful and informative information, assisting with equipment needs, raising the profile of MND in the community and raising funds for research into MND. Our Objectives are to:
- provide the best possible assistance and information for people living with motor neurone disease, those whose diagnosis is not confirmed, and those who care for them;
- gather and share advice on coping with Motor Neurone Disease;
- create and nurture a caring link between people living with Motor Neurone Disease, by providing opportunities for interaction;
- raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease and to maximise public contribution for care and research;
- foster and maintain links with Motor Neurone Disease Associations in other States, the National Association and other healthcare organisations and self-care groups; and
- encourage and support relevant research initiatives and to disseminate knowledge of research progress.
The Association works closely with a range of health and medical professionals, including GPs, neurologists, palliative care specialists, palliative care nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech pathologists, to seek to equitably optimise the quality of life for motor neurone disease patients and their carers.
- Assessment and case management
- Policy and advocacy
- High and complex support
- Assessment & Case Management
- Frontline Professional
- Frontline Support
- Policy Officer