Cleaner / Support Services Worker / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane North, QLD
Our Stafford-based team currently have several vacancies for casual dedicated, reliable and flexible Cleaners/Support Services Workers to cover both planned and unscheduled leave, working across Brisbane’s northern suburbs.
This is your opportunity to showcase your customer-centred attitude and bring the highest level of care to our clients. As a motivated and skilled Cleaner, you will offer the following abilities and experience:
- A background in general domestic cleaning duties
- Experience in laundry services including washing, folding, sorting and ironing
- Comfortable in the use of housekeeping equipment and machinery in-line with instructions
- Able to follow procedure and ensue the clients’ personal preferences are adhered to
- Confident communicator who can maintain professional boundaries with clients and their families
- Experience working within designated timeframes
- Available to work weekday and weekend shifts
- An open and enthusiastic manner with a commitment to working with elderly people
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
The following will also be required of successful applicants:
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card Exemption
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- A current National Police Certificate
- Physical capability of meeting the requirements of the role
- A Certificate II or III in Asset Maintenance (Cleaning Operations) will be highly regarded
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A position that offers variety and challenges along with the support of a passionate and proactive manager
- A role that makes a difference to someone’s life, helping them to remain safe, healthy and happy
- Balance of work and other commitments with casual hours across weekdays and some weekends
- The opportunity to work close to home and support your local community
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3945
For further information please contact
Lisette Austin on 1300 610 610
Applications close Friday 10th May 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Northern Suburbs, Brisbane|
|Profession||Trades & Services / Cleaner|