- Unisson Disability
- Rewarding career in the disabilities sector
- Working with people with disabilities in their shared home
- $26.21 plus 25% casual loading, super and NFP tax benefits
Disability Support Worker - Shared Living - Wentworthville
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative people who have a passion for supporting people. No experience is necessary with extensive in house and on the job training. We are a growing organisation in one of Australia's fastest growing industries. As a result we are always looking for opportunities to provide staff with training both as a support worker and towards management. Disability support may just be the life-long career you've been looking for. If you understand the importance of supporting and encouraging a continuous connection with family, friends, work and community, then please apply!
We have casual roles available for our shared living team in South Wentworthville. You will be supporting people in their homes, in a shared living arrangement. You will also be asked to support clients in the community on a range of activities which could be medical, recreational or occupational. There are any number of activities you may be able to partake in with clients with every day presenting new challenges, learnings and opportunities.
Who we are;
At Unisson Disability we are unwavering in our belief that no one should be defined by their disability. We are passionate about enabling people with disability to live their best lives, in a world that can feel more restrictive for them than for others. Being a part of the Unisson Disability team gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in one of Australia's fastest-growing and most innovative sectors. At Unisson Disability, the opportunities for human connection are extraordinary. Expect to build strong friendships with the people you work alongside and support.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a passion for supporting people to live a good life at home, work and in their communities
- Is empathetic and a good listener
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent time management skills
- Can work effectively under pressure and juggle competing priorities
- Has high levels of energy, enthusiasm and common sense
- Positively engage in self-reflection, be creative and proactive in identifying and responding to change
- The ability to see the potential in people, show initiative, enjoys working independently and in a team environment
Must be available to work different rostered shifts, weekends, evening shifts and split shifts.
All our staff are required to hold a NSW driver's license (P2/full), and First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one) a current Working with Children's Check (if required). As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
At Unisson Disability we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offer a friendly place to work and a genuine, supportive team environment to grow, with a wide range of training and experienced leaders to guide you. We want to provide a 'life changing' experience not only for the people we support but for all the people that work with us.
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|
|Salary||26 to 26 per hour|