- 02 8892 1000
- Flexible working hours
- Great team environment
- Professional development opportunities
Forsight Australia supports adults with sensory and additional disabilities to achieve their goals and live their best lives. Founded in 1978, the organisation continues to flourish, and with our valued clients in mind we are seeking to increase our team of dedicated Active Support Workers located in the Miranda and Coniston.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed people who have a passion for supporting clients under an Active Support Model for part time and casual positions.
Our ideal candidate must have
- A commitment to support our clients using a person-centered approach under the Active Support Model
- The ability to see the potential in our clients and show the initiative and required sensitivity to empower our clients in their day-to-day living experiences
- Enjoy working in a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with people with a disability and or related qualifications
- Availability to work shift work, which may include nights, mornings and weekends
- Flexibility to work across a 24/7 roster preferably across multiple sites to cover shifts where required
It is ESSENTIAL you hold the following
- Current first aid certificate
- Current Australian driver’s license
- A national police check with clearance to work with vulnerable people in a paid capacity within the last 12 months or willingness to obtain
- Minimum Cert III in Disability and or related discipline (currently undertaking studies or completed) and OR a minimum 6 months experience in a similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In addition, the following will be highly regarded
- Knowledge on NDIS
- Understanding of disability standards
- Computer literacy
At Forsight we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offering you a friendly and supportive team environment, with lots of potential for growth.
If you would like to work for an organisation making a real difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Friday 17 May 2019
We appreciate your interest and time invested in applying, but due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Disability Services|