Mental Health Worker & Peer Worker Vacancies
- PART-TIME & CASUAL positions available
- Support young men and make positive difference in their lives
- Join a growing Not For Profit organisation that values & rewards its employees!
Flourish Australia is seeking motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Workers and Peer Workers to join our team in Emu Heights working within in the Young People's Program.
Positions available are part-time (minimum of 72 hours per fortnight ) and casual (various hours) working on a rotating roster which will include weekends and evening shifts. The positions advertised are classified Level 3 on the SCHCADS award.
About the Opportunities
The Young People's Program is a psycho-social rehabilitation support program that provides recovery based services to young men aged between 17-25 years old who live with a diagnosed mental health issue.
Mental Health Workers and Peer Workers work in the community to support young people accessing our services with lived experience of mental health issues achieve their hopes and dreams. On a day to day basis you will be required to:
- Support young men to develop their day to day living skills, including budgeting, personal hygiene, routine, chores, cooking and access within the community. The Young People's program offers medium to low support living and also offers outreach support to people living independently within the community.
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of young people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be 'hands on' and involved in direct service delivery.
The difference between the two roles is a Peer Worker is required to use their lived experience of a mental health issue and personal recovery openly, appropriately and effectively to build professional relationships with the people they support that also experience a mental health issue.
Peer Workers will also use their lived experience to inform and contribute to staff learning, service understanding, and delivering person-led, strengths focused, recovery based language, documentation, training and actions. As a Peer Worker, you will also use your lived experience to work as an advocate on an individual basis and systemically (as required).
It is not a requirement for Mental Health Workers to use their lived experience of a mental health issue in their everyday work.
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia , please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement "What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker".
For more information on the Mental Health Worker role, please read the Position Description .
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people's mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia - they're our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Entry level for graduates with a relevant degree in behavioural sciences or human services; or
- A relevant associate diploma or certificate qualification with relevant experience; or
- At least 1-years relevant experience in mental health attained through previous appointments
- A current Australian drivers licence.
Please note: In addition to the above qualification and experience requirements, if you are applying to be a Peer Worker, you will have a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will also be able to demonstrate how you are able to effectively, respectfully, and appropriately use your lived experience of a mental health issue in your work.
For further information, please contact Adelle Salter, Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes;
- Career development opportunities.
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
- Flourish Australia
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Mental Health jobs / Support Workers|