Care Service Employee / Uniting / Leichhardt
Uniting Annesley House is an 86 bed Mental Health specific aged care facility, a home for residents, their families and friends and our staff, everybody is valued for who they are and what they bring to the home. Annesley House will be leading the way for Uniting as we embrace the true meaning of person centred care.
Annesley House features a Mental Health Team who specialises in aged care, as well as providing individually tailored behaviour management programs which aim to improve the quality of life for our residents.
As a Care Service Employee you play a crucial and pivotal role in demonstrating and living out Annesley’s vision, creating meaningful connections with residents and families, supporting them to maintain their dignity and independence and embodying our values of compassion, respect, boldness and imagination.
You will need to be a respectful and compassionate people person who can work as a team player and contribute to the team’s decision making processes. You will also need to have a Certificate III in Aged Care and appropriate qualifications for administration of medication.
• Certificate 3 in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
• Current First Aid certificate
• Assist Clients With Medication (HLTHPS006)
• Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAP301B)
• Provide Support to People Living With Dementia (CHCAGE005)
• A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
• Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
• A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
• Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
• Tech savvy with the capacity to document and communicate electronically, including via email and mobile phone
• Great organisation and time management skills.
• Previous experience in aged or community care or in a retail or hospitality environment
• Experience using client/data management systems
• Current Australian driver’s license
• Current LR bus driver’s licence
About Uniting At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place.
We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
To apply please visit our careers website: https://unitingcareers.nga.net.au
If you require assistance with your application please contact HR Services on 1300 797 358.
Closing Date: 7th May, 2017
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Federal Criminal Records check.
This job has expired
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Mental Health jobs / Support Workers|