Senior Advisor - People, Safety and Culture. Permanent Full Time
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisation
- Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Monthly rostered days off
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,500+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
About the role
Reporting to the State Manager – People, Safety and Culture, you will partner with the Client Services team, providing expert HR advice and generalist support, ensuring people related matters and initiatives are managed for circa 500 FTE. Collaborate with SME’s in Talent & Attraction, Health & Safety, Learning & Development, Remuneration & Benefits, Workforce Planning and Diversity & Inclusion. This position can be located in Canberra, Wollongong or Rockdale and requires semi regular travel across Southern NSW, Western NSW and the ACT.
- Partner with local management to achieve their business and leadership objectives by providing support and assistance with HR planning and strategy;
- Provide advice, support and coaching to leaders on a range of complex and sensitive IR or HR issues;
- Support issues as they arise relating to complaints, grievances and performance issues; and
- Maintain productive working relationships with external parties, including relevant unions.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources
- Strong experience as a HR generalist and knowledge of IR and ER
- Understanding of the Australian Industrial Relations System, EEO, Safety, Workers Compensation, Injury Management practices and principles as they apply within the ACT
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically
- Demonstrated ability to develop business partnerships with all levels
- Experience working in a fluid and changing environment
- A current Driver’s Licence and a willingness to undertake domestic travel.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits and rostered days off
- Work with circa 100 People, Safety & Culture specialists nationally
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, visit the careers section of our website www.lwb.org.au and follow the screen prompts.
Applications close at midnight 15th April 2019
We work with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds with varied life experiences, physical abilities and interests and we seek to employ people who reflect the great diversity of our clients. We know that your difference can be what makes the difference and we strive for an inclusive culture where you can be your whole self every day at work.
To be the best we can be, we actively seek people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and the LGBTQI community to join us to partner with people to change lives for the better.
(Search words: HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager)
- Life Without Barriers
This job has expired
|Location||All Canberra, Canberra|
|Profession||HR & Recruitment / HR General|
|Salary||80,000 to 110,000 per annum|