Learning and Development Regional Manager. Permanent Full Time - Canterbury
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisation
- Monthly rostered days off and great tax benefits
- Newly created role due to growth
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the National Manager, Learning and Development, you will implement L&D programs to lift the capability of our workforce to enable them to better serve our clients. This role will provide an exciting challenge for someone looking to use their significant L&D experience and capability to work in a dedicated L&D national team, at the same as providing strong input and influence at the local level.
This role will service our disability services workforce of 1200 who will transfer from the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services to LWB. The role includes management of a team of three, is highly operational, and will be fast paced. Our L&D programs include a large range of practice related courses, so practical experience within disability services is required. This is a new role so you will need to be comfortable with a high level of change.
- Provide effective leadership to a team of L&D professionals
- Work with a range of stakeholders to develop and implement contemporary L&D solutions
- Provide advice to managers on the implementation of learning options and opportunities
- Establish key L&D metrics and performance measures for the L&D team, and Client Services groups, and monitor and report on these
- Lead the Training consultation group
- Establish, manage and promote the training calendar
- Deliver training as required, including disability services training
- Manage the LMS activities for this group, including embedding the system into BAU
- Establish partnerships with external providers who will support our training commitments
- Develop training solutions from first principles in consultation with Subject Matter Experts
- Current Certificate IV TAE or Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing a team of L&D professionals
- A thorough understanding of vocational education, traineeships and competency based assessment
- Demonstrated experience managing a large operational training calendar that engages internal and external providers using a variety of delivery modes
- Demonstrated experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders to create sustainable business solutions
- Experience working with industrial instruments and trade union representatives in a consultative forum
- Working knowledge of eLearning
- Current Australian Driver's Licence
- Great tax benefits through Maxxia and monthly rostered days off
- Newly created position due to growth – opportunity to make a huge impact
- Work with a national team passionate about professional development
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on 24 March 2019.
- Life Without Barriers
This job has expired
|Location||Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne|
|Profession||HR & Recruitment / Training & Development|