Reference Number 17808 Position Title Catering Assistant Employment Type Permanent Part Time Organisation Unit Arcare Oatlands Location Arcare Oatlands - Cnr Prindle St & Kelvin Crt, Oatlands, NSW 2117 Weekly Divisor (hours) Position Summary
WE BELIEVE RELATIONSHIPS CHANGE LIVES!
Reference number: 17808
Shifts available: Monday to Friday.
Must have the ability to work two consecutive days.
Arcare Oatlands is a brand new 110 bed aged care residence. Arcare Oatlands, in the picturesque leafy green surrounds of Parramatta minutes from the Oatlands Golf Course, sets a benchmark in the region for the standard of design in residential care. Well serviced by public transport with parking available onsite, Arcare Oatlands creates a stylish backdrop for first-class comforts and beautiful private suites to cater for 110 residents. Arcare is the largest private provider of aged care nationally, excelling in staff education and development, innovation in care and a supportive team environment with opportunities for internal promotion as the company expands in NSW.
With our first aged care residence constructed in 1997, Arcare is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia. We currently have 30 residences throughout Victoria, NSW and Queensland.
Beyond the luxurious surroundings of our residences, our residents are supported by our innovative relationships first approach to celebrating and supporting old age. This approach is driven by our Arcare values of Relationships, Uniqueness, Partnerships and Flexibility.
The value and importance of relationships in all our clients' lives led to the development of our Dedicated Staff Assignment model, an approach which completely transforms the way that care, and support are provided. Our internationally renowned Dedicated Staff Assignment sees team members working with the same small number of residents every day. This continuity allows for deep and trusting relationships to develop between residents, employees and families; and this is what makes Arcare a recognised leader in resident care globally.
Arcare believes that care and support is shaped by the quality of the relationships and interactions between clients, families and employees. That's why we are committed to supporting and valuing the wellbeing and contribution of all those involved in the caring relationship
About the opportunity:
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Delivery of meals across dining areas within a residence.
- Ability to work with other catering staff and assist with the preparation of basic food if required or directed by supervisor.
- Provide support to the retail café area or for functions and events within the residence.
- Provide support for function planning and delivery.
- Ensure the catering facilities cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Assist customers in line with service standards, following the Food Safety Program guidelines
- Model and demonstrate extensive knowledge of Arcare's Values, Relationship-centred model of care and Senses-framework.
Essential Qualification required are:
- Previous experience in a catering environment or commercial ventures such as a Cafe
- Relevant Industry Training - Food Handling and Hygiene Certifications.
- Certificate 2 or 3 in catering or equivalent.
If you would like to find out more about how you can become a part of the Arcare team visit our website - www.arcare.com.au/careers and follow the link to apply
Arcare Oatlands is a smoke free site. All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check . Arcare is an equal opportunity employer
Selection Criteria Essential: Aged Care experience.
Essential: Food Handling and Hygiene Certificate.
Essential: Five Star Customer Service Contact Person Scott Collis Contact Number Closing Date 05/05/2019 Position Description Catering Assistant.pdf
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Hospitality, Tourism & Travel / Other|