Assistant in Nursing
- Big Splash HR Solutions Pty Limited
- Full time, part time.
- Summer Hill
- Do you have experience as an Assistant in Nursing?
More importantly, do you have a passion for supporting people with disability?
We are Achieve Australia. Our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of Australians with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
We have been doing this for 65 years and are still innovating in disability accommodation and support today. Recent growth has now created the opportunity for Assistants in Nursing to join our ranks.
As an Assistant in nursing you will be required to provide quality nursing and support services consistent with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and Achieve Australia's policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering services in line with current support service philosophy which promotes improvement in quality of life and fosters independence for people with disability who have a range of functional abilities and complex needs.
- Delivering person centred support services consistent with individual/lifestyle plans and willingness to seek out and obtain advice from more experienced staff on complex client matters.
- Completing required administration effectively for records management.
- Participating in service provision utilising quality assurance and continuous improvement principles.
- Working and cooperating within a team environment to ensure consistent service delivery.
- Undertaking a commitment to employment equity and diversity, workplace health and safety (WHS), risk management and ethical practices.
- Building working relationships with local community partnerships (including families and carers) and with other stakeholders both within and external to Achieve Australia.
- Involvement in implementation of new / revised policy and process through participating in staff briefings and undertaking training where required.
What We Offer
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for the Not For Profit sector.
- Strong organisational culture and great team environment.
- Rewarding place to work.
PLEASE ADDRESS SELECTION CRITERIA IN YOUR COVER LETTER.
To be successful in this role you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care or Certificate III in Health Services Assistance or equivalent.
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in health or disability services.
- An understanding of workplace health and safety (WHS), risk management and ethical practices.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and directions and work autonomously or in a team environment.
- Current Working with Children Check and NSW Driver's Licence (Green P2 or Full).
Experience in working with people with Disabilities, preferably in a community setting.
Your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.
To apply for this job go to: www.achieveaustralia.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4669688. Applications close 26 May 2019
|Location||Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Nursing: EN & Div 2|