Permanent Full Time
Roma Community Care
Allied Health and Community Service Stream - Professional Officer Level 2
Hours per fortnight
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Roma Community Care
Classification: Occupational Therapist
Remuneration Value: $32.88 - $40.03 (FTE $64,975 - $79,102) + 9.5% Super + 17.5% Leave Loading + NFP Salary Packaging
BlueCare is currently seeking applications from experienced Occupational Therapists to work with our Roma Community Care team.
It may be small, but the community is mighty. Ranked 5th in the Australian Unity Wellbeing Index in 2016, Roma locals say the sense of community is what keeps them there. Calling itself the Capital of the Western Downs, Roma is a prosperous town with a number of historic buildings and considerable pride in the fact that it was the first place, in the vast Surat Basin, to discover gas and oil and is also home to the first winery in Queensland.
As an Occupational Therapist working for BlueCare, you will be required to provide holistic, specialised, clinical care to enhance and promote the independence and wellbeing of our clients in line with best practice. You will be knowledgeable and proficient with contemporary theories and have preferably have proven experience in community health or the aged care sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assess, develop, manage and evaluate appropriate care plans and/or group programs for all clients/carers to encourage a self-management approach
- Delegate activities to other staff as appropriate e.g. Allied Health Assistants and Personal Carers, to maintain or improve client independence
- Supervise, advise, educate and support Allied Health Assistants (AHA) in the delivery of specific client care plans
- Participate in the orientation of new staff and student supervision programs as required
- Demonstrate multidisciplinary practice by appropriate referral and case discussions
You will be an experienced Occupational Therapist who is passionate about providing exceptional clinical advice and therapies to our customers with the aim to maintain and improve their independence. You well be self-motivated and be driven to incorporate contemporary theory in your day to day actives and make a real different to the lives of our customers.
We'll look after you too:
Our people mean the world to us. As the largest provider of Aged and Community services in QLD, Blue Care offers the unique opportunity to advance your career from Coomera to Katherine and almost everywhere in between. We offer:
- Salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre-tax income
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts
- Ongoing learning and development, training and workshops
- Clearly defined career pathways and support for internal development
- Values-led culture, where we emphasise a healthy work-life balance
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in required Allied Health discipline
- Current registration with relevant health authority and professional body where required
- Current Driver Licence (and a road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance as required)
Ready to Work Together? To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. We look forward to receiving your application by 7 May 2019.
Help at Home | Aged Care Homes | Disability | Retirement Villages | Live Well Centre
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Desirable: Have you worked in aged care before?
Desirable: Do you have experience working with the elderly?
Desirable: Do you have experience in community care?
Desirable: Do you hold current AHPRA registration?
Desirable: Do you hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and have access to a roadworthy vehicle?
Desirable: Are you willing to travel to support other Blue Care services within this region / catchment area?
Essential: If you are successful for this role, you may be required to undergo a series of pre-employment checks, that may include your Right to Work in Australia, Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and a Health Screening Questionnaire. Do you consent to this?
Desirable: Do you hold a current Blue Card or Yellow Card or the willingness to obtain?
Desirable: Do you hold the required qualifications for this role? Please note you WILL be required to provide copies during the interview process.
Desirable: Do you hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate â€" or the willingness to obtain?
Desirable: Have you worked for Blue Care previously?
Desirable: How did you hear about this role?
Occupational Therapy Scope of Practice.pdf
click here to view
- UnitingCare Queensland
This job has expired
|Location||Mt Isa & Western QLD, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Allied|