Physiotherapist / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - North Coast, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Community Aged & Disability teams provide support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence - living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes. Our non-clinical lifestyle programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, enablement, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Physiotherapist to join our team in Nambour, supporting both aged clients and those with disabilities to leave happier, healthier lives. This is a part time position of 20 hours per week to cover a Parental Leave contract until January 2020 (with possible extension). Working across the beautiful Sunshine Coast region, you will be responsible for quality clinical physiotherapy service by providing highly specialist advice, education and support. This rewarding role would suit an experienced Physiotherapist who is organised and self-managing, looking for diversity and role ownership, and is keen to work within the non-profit community sector.
Offering a collaborative approach and enthusiastic attitude, your skills and experience include:
- Client assessments and development plans to encourage self-care and independence
- Implementation and review of personal client Physiotherapy services, setting achievable goals and providing encouragement with progress
- A background in hydrotherapy, aqua aerobics and other contemporary and varied therapies
- Active listening and robust communication skills, confident engagement with a variety of people suitable manner
- Ability to identify individual client needs and assist to maintain or improve independent functioning
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills, and the ability to work productively within deadlines
- Dedication to working within the sector to improve and enhance the lives of clients
- Commitment to ongoing quality improvement and professional development of the service and yourself
You will have a full and robust understanding of quality processes and standards within a clinical setting, and maintain the following qualifications:
- A degree in Physiotherapy and current registration with AHPRA
- Current Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to manage your own diverse workload and make a difference within your local community
- Working with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- An increase to your take-home pay with full PBI Salary Packaging options up to $15,900
- Generous reimbursement of travel expenses
- Part time hours with NO weekends or late nights
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3892
For further information please contact
Sonya Swann on 0412 717 231
Applications close Sunday 31st March 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Sunshine Coast, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Physiotherapy|