Registered Nurse / Anglicare SQ - Meilene Residential Aged Care - Bundaberg, QLD
About the Position
Located on our spacious campus at Bundaberg East, Anglicare SQ’s fully accredited service of Meilene, is strengthened by a team of values-driven professionals who sincerely care about what we do and the difference we make in our residents’ lives. The service is focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance and also provides special accommodation and recreational amenities for those with dementia. Short-term residential respite is also available. Meaning 'welcome', Meilene is the name of the homestead which originally stood on the property.
We are looking for a number of Registered Nurses to join our team - both part time and full time - to provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, and to plan care based on the outcomes of assessment, utilising contemporary evidence based clinical knowledge and case management of Residents. The roles are scheduled around a seven-day roster which may include weekends.
As a Registered Nurse with experience in the Aged Care sector, you will be flexible and enthusiastic, with a dedication to the care and support of the elderly, and be able to offer:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, dementia care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- Robust residential experience and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Working knowledge of ACFI and other funding processes
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and an ability to work effectively within a team environment, relating to a wide range of staff, management, residents and families
- Sound computer knowledge with experience in clinical systems (AutumnCare would be beneficial)
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
- Client-centred care to residents and their families which respects and protects their rights, privacy and wellbeing
You will also require a Degree in Nursing, current registration with AHPRA and a National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with dedicated professionals under a supportive and engaged manager in a family-focused facility
- Developing skills within the growing sector of Aged Care
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Full or part time hours across weekdays and weekends; salary packaging available up to $15,900
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3845
For further information please contact
Susanne McPherson on 07 4151 7572
Applications close Thursday 28th February 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Nursing: RN & Div 1|