Enrolled Nurse (Aged Care)
Enrolled Nurse (Aged Care)
The Enrolled Nurse will operate within Minda's Residential Services, based in Minda's aged care facility, the Pat Kaufmann Centre. The Enrolled Nurse is primarily responsible for the delivery of assessed care, support/mentorship of staff who provide direct care and support to individuals with intellectual disability who are aging. This will require a significant contribution to the assessment and care planning for people living with intellectual disability, and leadership in the domain of health support.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Deliver daily routine care to individuals with an intellectual disability.
- Assist in the development and consistent implementation of Individual Daily Planners, Health Care Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and other care and support plans as required to guide other staff in the delivery of care and support and ensure people we support achieve quality outcomes.
- Ensure all people we support are supported in working towards independence, choice and decision making through the development of appropriate plans and procedures.
- Assist in the establishment and measurement of outcomes that improve the quality of life for people we support and document accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with Registered Nurses, Care workers and other relevant internal and external stakeholders to effectively develop, maintain and implement client plans.
- Ensure the maintenance of client rights and responsibilities and facilitate active consumer/family/advocate participation in decision making where appropriate.
- Liaise and network with people we support families, advocates and significant others in order to develop plans and assessments to achieve successful outcomes for people we support.
- Take responsibility for one's own and/or one's teams performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals and ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Directly lead, coordinate and supervise team members in routine daily care and support to clients.
- Ensure implementation of disability and aged care standards in service delivery
Essential requirements of the role:
- Experience in providing quality clinical services for the aged, including assessment and contributing to the development of care plans;
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics;
- Sound knowledge of current trends and practice in aged care;
- Understanding of the impact of pre-existing disabilities on care needs is desirable;
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft applications and use of email;
- Current South Australian Drivers Licence;
- Successful Completion of Diploma of Nursing; and Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Authority and holding a current practising Certificate.
- Working knowledge of Aged Care Standards and Funding instrument, is highly regarded.
This is a casual position working across a 24/7 days rotating roster.
Minda offers competitive remuneration, generous tax-free salary packaging options and flexible working patterns within the needs of the service. To join the Minda team submit your application as per the details below.
For further information about this role please contact Linh Truong, Acting Clinical Service Coordinator PKC on 0437 027 054. Applications close 5pm Sunday 24th February 2019.
- ECM_1763_v2_Enrolled Nurse, Clinical Services Position Description.pdf
- Minda Inc
|Location||All Adelaide, Adelaide|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Nursing: RN & Div 1|