Registered Nurse / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane South, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Brisbane South Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care to a range of clients, including older people and those with disabilities. Our teams provide support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence - living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes, so our non-clinical lifestyle programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance.
We are looking for two Registered Nurses to join us on a part time basis, up to 35 hours per week working across the Logan and South/East Brisbane regions. Servicing a dedicated area, you will assist our clients in their home environment and provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, undertake case management of clients and apply your expert clinical knowledge to implement planned care. Anglicare nurses are encouraged to achieve goals and offered continuous professional development.
As a proactive, flexible and enthusiastic nurse with experience in the Community sector, you will be passionate about supporting clients in their homes. To become a member of this dedicated, collaborative team, you must offer the following:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- A background in community nursing and a commitment continuous improvement
- Experience with, or interest in supporting the homeless or those at risk of homelessness
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
You will also require qualifications, including:
- A degree in Nursing and current registration with AHPRA
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working locally with a team of dedicated professionals and a collaborative manager
- An opportunity to support people in their own homes, encouraging independence and security
- Part time hours and the ability to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3808
For further information please contact
Lyn Antonini on 1300 610 610
Applications close Friday 15th February 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Logan, Brisbane|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Nursing: RN & Div 1|