Podiatrist / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane South, QLD
About The Position
Anglicare’s Brisbane South Community Aged & Disability team provide support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence - living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes. Our non-clinical programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, enablement, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance.
As part of this essential service, we are looking for a qualified Podiatrist to join the team in Woolloongabba in a full time role, providing support to clients across the Southern suburbs of Brisbane including Logan. The role will provide high quality podiatry services, including assessment, treatment, therapy and education to clients, and will liaise with other Clinical and Allied Health team members to ensure preventative care and early intervention occurs.
Having provided podiatry services for several years or as a recent Graduate, you will have a passion for quality client service and a good understanding of the following requirements:
- Client assessments to ensure effective treatment
- Provision of education and information to assist with therapy
- Development of care plans in conjunction with other allied health and support staff
- A good understanding of preventative care and early intervention methods
- Compliance with organisational and legal requirements for accurate and timely completion of documentation
- Organising and ordering equipment and supplies as required, using resources and materials efficiently
- Ability to follow WHS procedures and undertake risk assessments to maintain safety of self and clients
- Working within professional boundaries with an ongoing belief of client privacy and respect
With a focus on client-centred care, you will work effectively as a team member, offer exceptional communication and enjoy being part of an environment that promotes continuous improvement.
To be successful you will be required to hold:
- A degree in Podiatry - recent Graduates will be considered for this role
- Current registration with AHPRA
- National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working locally in the South/East suburbs, supporting clients within your community
- The ability to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- A friendly and dedicated team of professionals in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3816
For further information please contact
Lyn Antonini on 1300 610 610
Applications close Friday 15th February 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Logan, Brisbane|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Allied|