Senior Intensive Family Support Practitioner - Ipswich
Senior Intensive Family Support Practitioner
- Utilise your child protection, intervention & leadership skills
- Permanent, full time position
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
The Intensive Family Support Service provides in-home support to families with children 0-18 years and aims to assist families to identify goals for change, for their children's well being.
In this role, you will provide expert case practice advice and leadership in supporting staff to manage clients with multiple and complex needs. You will manage a small case-load directly, as well as supporting the Program Manager to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to clients in a local community.
Key responsibilities will include:
Act as the first point of escalation for clients and service staff, and actively participate in case management to overcome challenging issues or relationship breakdowns.
- Work collaboratively with clients to create single, individualized support plans including referral to supplementary services as needed.
- Provide intensive ongoing case management within the Strengthening Families framework with clients and review progression against case plans.
- Lead or participate in case-conferences and group case management sessions including family decision making, liaison with other professionals.
- In consultation with Program Manager, implement reflective practice processes to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery
- Develop strategies to engage resistant client, and provide outreach services to clients at immediate risk
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or related field
- Demonstrated case management and crisis management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Early intervention principles and experience in family intervention activities, working with families with multiple and complex needs
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection legislation and child protective concerns
- Ability to plan, implement, facilitate and monitor family intervention activities
- A high level of referral, advocacy and case management skills
- Demonstrated experience in the professional supervision of team members involving critical reflection, to enhance both their practice skills and professional knowledge.
- Experience working with families experiencing issues of mental health, drug and alcohol, disability, family and domestic violence or other significant child protection concerns will be highly regarded
- Senior first aid certificate, or willingness to apply for one
- Current drivers licence
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current WWC or DCSI Clearance or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling service
Click "APPLY NOW".
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Senior Intensive Family Support Practitioner 2a - JD.docx
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Case Worker, Case Manager, Case Management Team Leader, Senior Practitioner, Pine Rivers, Deception Bay, Children, Families, Child Protection, Greater Brisbane
Advertised: 08 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
- Mission Australia
This job has expired
|Location||Western Suburbs & Ipswich, Brisbane|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Allied|