Occupational Therapist – Townsville
- Full-time or part-time position based in Townsville
- 12 month fixed term contract; flexible work/life balance
- Join a leading not for profit organisation and multi-disciplinary team
CPL's team of allied health professionals deliver specialist therapy services for children and adults at the Townsville service, and client homes, schools or workplaces within the community. We offer a broad range of allied health services including occupational therapy, speech and language pathology and physiotherapy. The dynamic team customise services to provide early childhood intervention, individual and group therapies, consultation and programming, prescription for equipment and communication aids, as well as education and training to empower the community.
In joining our Allied Health team in Townsville, you will provide clinical support to people with various disabilities and of different ages, delivering a high quality service to support them to achieve their goals and live the life they choose with passion. Many of our clients are seeking to achieve their goals through NDIS plans.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality, family-centred Occupational Therapy services (e.g. consultation, assessment, therapy intervention, prescription of equipment and seating) that will facilitate opportunities for valued and inclusive lifestyles.
- Collaborating with team members for effective decision-making by contributing relevant Occupational Therapist information and considering the relevant stakeholders involved in service provision to clients
- Developing knowledge and clinical skills in line with the CPL Allied Health Core Competencies, supported by a comprehensive supervision and mentoring framework for clinical practice and professional learning.
- Maintaining professional and ethical standards in achieving quality client outcomes in line with the Human Services Quality Framework and The CPL Way.
- Demonstrating professional conduct, values and attitudes that reflect The CPL Way at all times.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in occupational therapy practices required for working with clients with various disabilities, including an understanding of issues faced by clients and their families at both the personal and societal levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and improve a range of occupational therapy knowledge and skills required to achieve functional outcomes for clients of CPL, including a commitment to continuing education, evidence based practice and/or research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to meet the needs of clients and their families with an ability to clearly articulate and demonstrate the occupational therapy role to clients, families, team members and the community.
Successful applicants will enjoy attractive salary packaging benefits, structured clinical supervision and mentoring support alongside both internal and external professional development and the opportunity to support our great clients achieve their goals.
Applications to close by 25th August unless filled prior..thanks!
Job File 1 : Occupational Therapist - Position description
To be considered for this position please address the selection criteria as outlined in the attached position description in your cover letter and submit your CV . For a confidential conversation about the position please call Paul on 07 3358 8074.
|Location||Townsville & Northern QLD, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Allied|