Registered Nurses - Casual & Part Time / Anglicare (Southern Queensland) / Gold Coast, QLD
About the Position
Located a short walk from the picturesque parklands adjoining the Southport Broadwater, our fully accredited residential aged care service, ABRI is situated in tree-lined grounds reflecting its coastal location.
ABRI is focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance for the elderly of our community, with an emphasis on respect for individuality and maintaining independence. ABRI also provides special accommodation and recreational amenities for those with dementia.
To ensure we continue to provide an exceptional standard of care, we are in need of two Registered Nurses to join our team, covering both weekday and weekend shifts. One role is for part time hours, the other will be a casual role, covering planned and unscheduled leave.
The role’s overall purpose is to provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, and to plan care based on the outcomes of assessment utilizing contemporary evidence based clinical knowledge and case management of Residents.
As a Registered Nurse with experience in the Aged Care sector, you will be flexible and enthusiastic. You will also need to be practical, respectful and dedicated to customer-centric care.
To become a member of this dedicated team, you must offer the following:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- Robust residential experience and a commitment continuous improvement
- Mental health experience would be beneficial, but not essential
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, but to manage your own busy workload
- Provide client-centric care to residents and their families which respects and protects their rights, privacy and wellbeing
You will also require qualifications, including:
- Registered Nurse qualifications
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Working knowledge of ACFI
- A National Police Certificate (or be eligible to obtain one)
- Ability to meet the physical and functional requirements of the role
What We Offer
Along with the opportunity to further develop both your leadership and clinical skills in the Aged Care environment, our successful candidate will enjoy:
- Working on the Gold Coast with a team of dedicated professionals
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Competitive salary plus the option of increasing your take-home pay with salary packaging
- Being a part of one of Queensland’s largest and most well respected non-profit organisations
- Work/life balance with part time or casual hours
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organization that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
To submit an application and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://www.anglicanchurchsq.applynow.net.au/ and refer to job number S2720
For further information please contact
Deb Waters on 07 5555 4888
Applications close Sunday 22nd January 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
|Classification||Healthcare & Medical, Nursing: RN & Div 1|