Community Services Support Worker
- Baptistcare WA
Community Services Support Worker
Full-Time, Part-Time & casual roles available - Perth metro area
great scope for career development for suitable candidates
Baptistcare is a community-benefit organisation guided by a Christian mission. We work with individuals, families and communities in Aged Care, Disability and Mental Health services. For over 40 years, Baptistcare has enriched and transformed lives in metropolitan and regional WA, with 20 service locations and over 1600 staff.
Baptistcare’s Community Services is a fresh approach to our disability and mental health services. We seek to work in partnership with our clients, their families, friends and other stakeholders to find the best way of achieving excellent outcomes for both individuals and families. Community Services operates in metropolitan and regional WA to assist our clients to live a fulfilling and independent life within the community.
Working directly with people living with a disability, this position provides support to Baptistcare’s Service Participants in achieving their life goals while promoting a positive quality of life and independence. At Baptistcare, support is provided with a person-centred approach, placing the needs and wishes of the Service Participant at the core of the services delivered. This includes respecting the leadership of the Service Participant.
We are looking for a consumer-focused individual with a “can do” attitude who is able to reflect professional boundaries at all times and enhance positive outcomes for people living with a disability.
- A commitment to work within and promote the values of Baptistcare as reflected in our Christian Values and Mission.
- Experience with supporting people in areas such as personal care, health and well being, active community participation and skill development.
- Relates well with other people, enthusiastic and a “can do” attitude.
- A team player, who contributes effectively as part of a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated flexibility in methods of communication.
- Empathetic with a strong sense of compassion and respect for individuals.
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm and is able to work without direct supervision.
- A strong sense of professional boundaries and integrity.
- A good understanding and commitment to equal opportunity and non-discrimination.
- Certificate III in Community Services (Human Services) or other equivalent qualifications are desirable but not mandatory.
- Western Australian Working with children check
- A mobile phone
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain one before commencing employment).
- Valid drivers licence (car) and a reliable motor vehicle
- Current National Police Certificate
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations
Essential Application Information
All applications are accepted through Baptistcare's recruitment portal. Click here https://baptistcare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=2EWcP31vZx0=&jbc=ere Please ensure that you have read and understood the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description prior to submitting your application. You can find the Position Description at the bottom of the page when you view the position on our recruitment portal.
For further information please contact a member of our Recruitment team on 9282 8610.
Baptistcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Diversity in the workplace.
This job has expired
|Profession||Healthcare & Medical / Disability Care|
|Attachment||View and Download the Position Documents|