Chief Executive Officer
- Blooming HR
- Excellent salary package for an experienced driven and authentic CEO
- Legal service-based org with programs in domestic and family violence
- Located in Liverpool with a total of 4 locations and 56 staff
About South West Sydney Legal Centre
South West Sydney Legal Centre (SWSLC) has operated for over 30 years, providing services predominantly for people living or working in the South West Sydney Local Government Areas of Liverpool, Fairfield and Canterbury-Bankstown. This is one of the most culturally diverse and fastest growing regions of Australia, attracting new arrivals and emerging communities. It is also an area of high social and economic disadvantage.
SWSLC is an accredited member of the National Association of Community Legal Centres, delivering legal services, community legal education and a range of support and therapeutic services to women and children who have experienced domestic and family violence.
We are looking for a strong, authentic and collaborative leader with a commitment to social justice who has previous experience leading in a community services and/or NFP environment.
The CEO has overall responsibility for leading and managing the operations of all aspects of the SWSLC and supporting the Management Committee as the governing body, including:
- Policy and planning
- Program delivery and development
- Business development
- People and culture development and management
- Financial management
- Community and public relations.
SWSLC’s Senior Leadership Team reports to the CEO. In turn, the CEO is accountable to the Management Committee, and reports to the Chair of the Management Committee.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage the organisation’s people and culture
- Demonstrated skills and experience in strategic planning, policy and program development
- Strong business development skills
- Strong financial management, budgeting and contract management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to build the organisation’s public profile through effective and strategic partnerships and networks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level understanding of the community and/or government sectors, including the roles of community legal centres and domestic and family violence support services
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience
- Current driver’s licence and capacity to use your own vehicle for work purposes (travel reimbursement applies).
Culture & Benefits
SWSLC offers rewarding opportunities to make a difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community. The successful applicant will lead team of dedicated staff who constantly strive to provide high quality services to people who need them most and getting just and fair outcomes for our clients.
We provide generous conditions including:
- generous salary packaging arrangements so you can increase your take home pay
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Additional 7 days paid carers leave
- Additional 5 days paid leave over the Xmas close period
- Pro rata long service leave after five years
- Paid parental leave
South West Sydney Legal Centre is an inclusive employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and people of all ages.
Applications for this role close on Sunday 7 April 2019.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Carrington on 0439 626 393.
This job has expired
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Executive / CEO/MD|
|Salary||160,000 to 170,000 per annum|