Early Childhood Teacher - Richmond - Contract Role till 31/8 - 37.5 Hours
- Fixed Term Contract until 31 st August 2018
- Degree qualified Educator Early Childhood teacher
- Richmond on Department of Defence Property: â€" 37.5 hours per week
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits available
About Mission Australia Early Learning
Early childhood is a time of discovery and growth, which is why Mission Australia Early Learning centres are designed to encourage a sense of belonging, wellbeing and community. Our centres offer much more than quality childcare for children aged from six weeks to six years. They also set children up for a lifelong love of learning and nature.
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Degree Qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at our Richmond Little Eagles Early Learning Child Care Centre. In this role, you will work as part of a team to provide quality early education and care for children whilst also providing holistic care for children and their families.
- Child Support â€" actively engage and develop a nurturing environment for all children
- Family Support - build strong relationships with parents to ensure open communication
- Program Support â€" contribute to play based learning and education program for children
- Team Support â€" pro-actively participate in all activities and communications with wider team
- Child Protection â€" identify, respond and document any child protection risks as required
Qualifications & experience
- Proven experience in a similar role in a child care centre
- Degree Qualified in Teaching or Education Early Childhood
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to remain vigilant in ensuring the care of all children is maintained
- Commitment to ensuring centre is compliant as per Health, Safety and Welfare requirements
- A genuine passion and drive in providing children with the best possible start in life
- A strong alignment to Mission Australia's purpose and values
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Vulnerable People Check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- 50% Discounted childcare
- Above Award Rates
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Ongoing Support for training and professional development
Click "APPLY NOW"
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Advertised: 11 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Mission Australia
|Location||Richmond & Hawkesbury, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Education & Training / Early Childhood - Other|