Early Childhood Teacher - Townsville Region
Early Childhood Teacher - Coral Sea Child Care Centre
- Not for profit salary packaging + other benefits
- Permanent part time - 37.5 hours per week
- Kirwan, Townsville
About Mission Australia Early Learning
Mission Australia Early Learning Services is a trusted, community-based, early learning childcare and long day care services provider. Believing that all children should have the very best start in life, Mission Australia strives to deliver the highest-quality educational, social and emotional development programs that are tailored to suit the individual needs of each child in our care.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Coral Sea Childcare Centre. In this role, you will work as part of a team to deliver the Kindergarten program, providing quality early education and care for children whilst also providing holistic care for children and their families.
- Child Support â€" Direct responsibility for a group of children
- Family Support â€" Develop strong relationships with parents and carers
- Program Support â€" Develop & implement play based learning & education programs
- Team Support â€" support and work within a team
- Child Protection â€" identify & respond to any child at risk or harm, as mandated by Child Protection Act
Qualifications & experience
- A Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood or Bachelor of Teaching - Early Childhood
- Proven knowledge and skills of current Early Childhood industry standards and the EYLF
- Experience working with children with special needs - highly desirable
- A genuine passion and drive in providing strengths-based, recovery approach client management
- A strong alignment to Mission Australia's purpose and values
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income to increase take home pay
- Up to 50% discounted childcare at participating centres
- Above award pay rates
- Generous non-contact time allowances to support educational programming and planning
- Additional Annual Leave allowances for participation in out of hours activities
- Opportunities for Career progression
- Discounted Heath Car with Medibank Private
- Ongoing support for training and professional development
Click "APPLY NOW"
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Position Description ECT (4).doc
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Early Childhood Teacher, ECT, Kirwan, Townsville
Advertised: 07 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 04 May 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
- Mission Australia
|Location||Townsville & Northern QLD, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Education & Training / Early Childhood - Other|