TFCO- Skills Coach
- Exciting new, Australian First Evidence Based Model
- Provide weekly skills coaching to young people
- Casual position
- Salary packaging & employee benefits
- Located in Dandenong
Skills Coach - TFCO® positions, are new and exciting roles within Anglicare. In this role, you will be working in a multidisciplinary team, who will all complete training as required by the program developers to gain accreditation in the Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO®) model. TFCO® is an intensive short term program that works with young people, carers and a dedicated professional support team to prevent or remove young people, aged 12 - 17 years, from residential care. TFCO® is the only known empirically proven therapeutic foster care model alternative to residential care placements.
Your role will be to provide weekly skills coaching sessions to young people within a TFCO® placement. Skills coaching areas of focus are directly related to the goals of a treatment plan and may include strategic modeling, skills practice and positive reinforcement sessions.
A TFCO® placement duration is six to nine months and uses a behaviour modification program. At the end of the placement, the young person is reunified with their biological family (including kinship care placements), or placed in lower intensity long-term foster care or permanent care.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a high level of capacity and expertise in each of the following:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work / psychology or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the human service delivery system, with particular reference to the Child Protection and Out of Home Care system, standards and practice.
- Strong knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in working with young people who have experienced trauma.
- Demonstrated understanding of developmentally appropriate behaviour for young people, and understanding how exposure to trauma can effect this.
- Knowledge and familiarity with behaviour management principles and ways of facilitating change in young people who have experienced trauma.
- Demonstrated capacity in approaches which will assist young people with developing and building new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Good communication and organisational skills, including network development skills.
Please note, it is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description Skills Coach TFCO. PD.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents
For further enquiries contact - Shannon Harris on 9293 8500
Applications close 18 October 2017
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: 04 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Skills Coach TFCO. PD.pdf
- Anglicare Victoria
This job has expired
|Location||Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne|
|Profession||Education & Training / Other|