Disability Support Worker
- Lifestyle Solutions (Aust) Ltd
- Varied shifts across 1:1 support and accommodation
- Casual positions available
- Excellent work/life balance
- Opportunities available throughout North West Tasmania
Lifestyle Solutions is a nationally accredited leader and innovator in the not for profit Community Services sector and is committed to providing person centred, flexible and responsive support services for our community. We are dedicated to delivering person centred solutions to our customers and are passionate about developing support systems which reflect their individuality, interests, and culture. Our core values " Own It" "Respect Lives Here" "Keep Calm and be happy" and "Make it Happen" are a true representation of what we offer. We know that GREAT support workers don't just happen by chance - they are people who flourish in teams, communicate clearly, and are calm in crisis and flexible in their responses. Support Workers are as unique and individual as the people they support. They come from a variety of backgrounds such as university students, teachers, retail assistants, or administration wizards, but they share a common passion. Their passion is to walk alongside and support people of all ages and needs, to empower them, support their dreams and to make a positive difference.
About the role
Throughout North West Tasmania we assist a diverse range of people within our Disability and Self Managed Programs.
As a Support Worker within these programs, you will be required to;
- Help them to engage with their local communities & culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Assist with and coaching independent life skills such as cooking & cleaning
- Provide personal care
- Administer medication
To be considered for these upcoming opportunities, you will need the following;
- Demonstrated experience working as a Support Worker
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Healthy Bodies or equivalent
- Medication administering qualifications
- Experience working with challenging behaviours
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
- Be willing to undergo a National Police Check
- Current “Provide First Aid” Certificate (or be willing to obtain)
- Current Working With Children Check Vulnerable People Tasmania (If supporting people under 18 years of age)
You will need to be flexible and available to work across 24 hours on varied shifts. Hours up to 38 hours a week for the successful candidates. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate, the opportunity to make a difference in our customers lives, gain a wealth of self satisfaction and join an industry leader who are striving towards perfection.
To apply send your covering letter and resume via the link below.
Allows you to pre-fill the application using your SEEK profile information and resumé
This job has expired
|Location||Devonport & North West, Regional TAS|
|Profession||Disability Jobs / Support Workers|