- This vacancy need to be filled urgently - Immediate Start Available !
- Generous Salary Packaging Opportunities
- Join a company with an established reputation
- Contribute to the independence of people with disabilities
North west Disability Services has managed to meet the requirements of the national Disability Insurance Scheme in a way that is the envy of the sector.
NWDS fully implements and advocates for the application of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and the Disability Services Standards and complies with local, State and Commonwealth Government requirements so that you can work with NWDS confident that your contribution is both valuable and properly organised.
As the successful applicant you would assist participants to achieve the goals in their plan by providing assistance to choose and coordinate providers, develop service agreements and manage the funding, as well as resolve queries or concerns that may arise, and develop goals for the future. You would find and link with appropriate services, organisations and activities in the community. You would also use the participant portal and report back to NDIA as required.
The role is a 12 months fixed term maternity cover, to work flexible to suit the needs of the current participants with support coordination in their existing plan. Hours and days of work will be flexible to meet the changing needs of the participants and carers from Monday to Friday.
- Ability to creatively develop an outstanding NDIS Plan strategy with participants and carers and support its implementation
- Ability to monitor and maximise participants NDIS budgets
- Experience in working with people with disabilities and their carers
- Knowledge of Disability Inclusion Act & Disability Service Standards
- Current Working with Children Check
- Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities
- First Aid Certificate and LR Driver License (desireable)
- Certificate 3 and / or Certificate 4 in Individual Support
- Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- High level administrative skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of the NDIS and its processes
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Closing Date: 25th February 2019
For further information:
CEO NWDS, on (02) 9686 4155.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- North West Disability Services
North West Disability Services is a non-profit community organisation established in 1982. NWDS is a registered Charity and Public Benevolent Institution and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors
NWDS believes in the right of people with disabilities to live a full and valuable life within the community. NWDS fully implements and advocates for the application of the Disability Service Act and Disability Service Standards and complies with all Local, State and Commonwealth Government requirements
|Location||North West & Hills District, Sydney|
|Profession||Disability Jobs / Service Co-ordinators|