Occupational Therapist / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane North, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Brisbane North Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care to a range of clients, including older people and those with disabilities. Our teams provide support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence - living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes, so our non-clinical lifestyle programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance.
As part of this essential service, we are looking for a qualified Occupational Therapist to join the team on a full time Parental Leave contract from April 2019 to April 2020 providing support to improve or maintain our clients’ independent functioning in all aspects of living. You will be required for both day respite & community support, assisting people who are limited by physical or psychological illness, neurological dysfunction, developmental delay or the ageing process.
With an already successful career in Occupational Therapy, you will be passionate about supporting both the elderly, and those people who are living with a disability. To join the Anglicare team, you will be skilled and experienced in:
- Conducting home based evaluations, devising care plans and writing functional reports
- Assessing the home environment, and prescribing aids, equipment and modifications as required, within funding program guidelines
- Supporting clients in their own homes and within our respite centres to work towards self-care development and/or re-ablement
- Planning, coordination and implementation of group therapy programs as required
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team with a collaborative, person-centred approach
Your exceptional communication skills and genuine interest in helping others, will be supported by:
- A bright, enthusiastic and dedicated approach to care and client support
- A team player who has the capacity to plan and prioritise your own workload effectively
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement in human services
- A consistent focus on client safety and wellbeing, following best practice procedures
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Membership (or eligibility) with the Australian Association of Occupational Therapists, Queensland
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- An opportunity to further develop your skills in Community Aged Care & Disability services
- An increase to your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options ($15,900)
- Working in, and supporting your local community and its residents
- Career and skills development in a twelve-month parental leave role
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3813
For further information please contact
Laina Stanley on 1300 610 610
Applications close Friday 15th February 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
This job has expired
|Location||Northern Suburbs, Brisbane|
|Profession||Disability Jobs / Occupational Therapist|