Project Officer - Participatory Co-Design Project Lived Experience
Fixed Term Role - 12 months
Part Time (Job Share Position) 20 hours per week
This is an identified position for a person with lived experience of disability.
The Disability Trust promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
The Disability Trust seeks to provide the best possible services and support to enhance the lives of people with disabilities and their families. The Trust is committed to efficient and effective services which are individualised, responsive and delivered within a framework of respect for human rights. The Disability Trust provides professional person centred care and support to people with disabilities and their families in NSW & ACT.
About the role:
This new and exciting role will see you working alongside another Project Officer to refine and support the implementation of The Disability Trust’s “I2O” participatory co-design framework in order to ensure our service is effectively involving our customers (people with disability who use our services) in all aspects of their supports and to help us continue to adapt to the new NDIS marketplace. These roles will support the development of a range of strategies to embed co-design and participant engagement within our services at all levels.
You will bring to this role a passion and enthusiasm for working with others to lead innovation and improve service experience. Your communication style and ability to liaise with all members of the community will be a strength to help you achieve the best outcomes for our participants. Above all you are looking for a role that you can make your own, and where you can learn and grow.
What we are looking for:
- Personal lived experience of disability and experience of receiving disability services from a specialist disability service provider
- A willingness and ability to communicate with others who use The Disability Trust’s services
- An appreciation of the value of co-design in supporting organizational development
- An ability to support the facilitation of focus groups, to support the design of surveys and to support customer feedback
- Strong relationship building skills
- Initiative and drive to work alongside another project officer to deliver on participatory co-design project outcomes
- Personal lived experience of disability
- Demonstrated disability awareness and knowledge of accessibility issues associated with disability
- Willingness to travel across The Disability Trust’s area of operations
- Working with Children Check
- Cleared Criminal Record Check obtained within 12 months
We reward by providing:
- Great working culture! We know that everyone says that, but what sets us apart is the freedom, collaboration and strong managerial support from highly experienced leaders to find different ways to achieve individualised outcomes for our clients
- On the job training
- There are also individual development opportunities to assist you in reaching your own personal goals, which we believe is equally as important
- A strong focus on work life balance which means flexible working hours and a family friendly office
- Tax benefits for working for a Public Benevolent Institution
Apply below and attach your resume. We will then go through your application and if you have the right experience, you will be invited to book yourself into an interview, so keep an eye on your emails. If you are ready for a challenging and exciting role within a highly successful team, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Close Date: 24 February 2019
Please note the successful applicant will need to register with The Disability Trust Workskills Employment Service
- The Disability Trust
This job has expired
|Location||Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Disability Jobs / Policy & Advocacy|
|Attachment||View and Download the Position Documents|