Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Area Manager
- Senior position in a leading NFP Organisation
- Competitive salary with above award benefits and generous salary packaging options
- Team management |Community Capacity Building | Based in St Marys, NSW
Lifestart is an Early Childhood Partner, delivering the National Disability Insurance Agency’s Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach in the Nepean Blue Mountains region
As an NDIA Partner in the Community (PITC), Lifestart supports children living with disability or delay, their families and carers. Lifestart provides Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) services to children aged 0-6 years in the Nepean Blue Mountains (NBM) region and has an exciting new leadership opportunity available for an ECEI Area Manager to join our team. This is a contracted position on a full-time basis for the duration of the three year funding agreement with NDIA. The role is based at our St Mary’s Branch with some travel as required throughout the region, including into the Lithgow LGA.
The ECEI Area Manager will play a pivotal role in providing strategic leadership and effective management to support a highly mobile team of professionals and support personnel. You will work with the ECEI General Manager to develop and implement high quality services and supports to deliver to individuals, families and carers. You will also work strategically to build the capacity of local communities and mainstream services. The role will be responsible for ensuring compliance to relevant Standards, legislative requirements and government policy directions as well as supporting the strategic direction and ongoing vision of Lifestart.
You will foster a culture that supports families of children living with development delay or disability by building strong collaborative partnerships with other local services in ways that build capacity for inclusion and lead to positive outcomes for children and their families.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline including education, allied health or social sciences.
- Minimum of five years’ experience and extensive knowledge of early childhood intervention.
- Management qualification and/or demonstrated experience in management, preferably in the community sector and in work with children and families/carers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to liaise and build collaborative positive working relationships with children, families/ carers and service providers.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills, including ability to develop and support an effective team
- Ability to enforce a strengths-based approach to person and family centred practice to Lifestart personnel and the wider community.
- Current Drivers Licence and access to a registered vehicle
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking disability organisation
- Be a key player in decision making and strategic planning
- Enjoy a positive culture that promotes learning and growth
- Be part of a team which values and supports the development and success of each individual
- Generous salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay
- Travel allowance and latest technology provided
If you are highly motivated, are able to provide strong leadership and direction to a diverse team and are passionate about inclusion and the rights of children with disability, apply now to join the Lifestart team!
To apply online, please click “Apply”, attached with an updated CV and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria.
For further information regarding working with us or to view the position description please visit Lifestart - Positions Available or contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 9364 0111.
Applications close: Friday 10th August 2018.
Lifestart welcomes applications from culturally and linguistically diverse candidates, suitably qualified people who may have a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Applicants must hold a valid Working with Children clearance number and successfully undertake pre-employment police check.
- Lifestart Co-operative Ltd
This job has expired
|Location||Blue Mountains & Central West, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Disability Jobs / Management|
|Attachment||View and Download the Position Documents|