Support Workers Lifestyle & Leisure / Mai-Wel Limited / Maitland, NSW
- Mai-Wel Limited
- Part-time and Casual positions
- Must have weekend availability
- Based in the Maitland local government area
Proudly made in the Hunter, The Mai-Wel Group is a large regional provider of disability services, focused on providing opportunity and choice to more than 1,300 participants across nine Local Government Areas.
The Lifestyle & Leisure service area of Mai-Wel aims to assist people with a disability to develop their skills, work towards their goals, increase their independence and participate as valued and active members of the community.
What you will need:
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and well organised people to support a range of participants to achieve their goals. Your flexibility is imperative to the role as our Participants self-direct support and design the assistance they require with maximum choice and control. You will be responsible for converting goals to action, developing individual capacity and ability, the direct delivery of support, managing risk, communicating with a range of stakeholders & maintaining documentation and records. You will be required to communicate effectively with the Lifestyle & Leisure facilitator and other stakeholders on participant related issues.
Selection Criteria – You will demonstrate qualifications/experience/qualities in:
- Previous experience working in a similar field and/or role.
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum 12 months experience in supporting participants who have complex needs.
- Excellent organisational, time management, administration and computer skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain).
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge of a client information management system/database.
- Experience using sign language (Makaton and/or Auslan).
- Trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) or Predict, Assess & Respond to Challenging Behaviour (PART) or willingness to obtain.
What will we give you?
Mai-Wel is recognised by an overwhelming majority of staff as a truly great place to work, we will offer you training and development, autonomy and responsibility to grow in the role, competitive remuneration, salary packaging, recognition, job satisfaction and the opportunity to enjoy your working week — not just your weekends! You will be paid according to the Social Homecare and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
Applications can be made via: http://www.maiwel.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities
Please note all applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered for a role. If an applicant does not show how they meet the selection criteria the application is unlikely to be considered. The Guidelines for Applicants can be obtained via www.maiwel.com.au/careers/how-to-apply.
Enquiries can be made to Jeannie Ingles-Nevin by calling Head Office on (02) 4932 8599.
Application closing date: 25th January 2017
All offers of employment with The Mai-Wel Group are made subject to the preferred applicants meeting certain pre-employment; health, criminal and working with children checks. The Mai-Wel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
|Location||Regional NSW/Newcastle, Maitland|
|Classification||Disability Jobs, Support Workers|