Disability Support Workers. Casual - Penrith and Blue Mountains Area
- Various locations in Penrith, St Marys, Nepean Blue Mountains & East Kurrajong
- Multiple casual positions available
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering People with disability to live independently in the community and achieve their individual goals.
We are looking for experienced Disability Support Workers to join our team on a casual basis.
We have multiple roles available throughout the Penrith, St Marys, Nepean Blue Mountains and East Kurrajong areas,.
It is expected that successful candidates will be available to work across multiple locations and will be available and willing to work a 24/7 roster that includes regular shift work, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Assisting clients with daily living (including personal care and domestic duties e.g. cooking/cleaning)
- Maintaining and monitoring person-centred plans
- Following individuals support plans
- Assisting clients with community access and transport
- Documentation and progress note keeping as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or similar
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Prior experience working with people with disability is desirable
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- A passion for delivering person-centred care
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 20th of March, 2019
- Life Without Barriers
This job has expired
|Location||Blue Mountains & Central West, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community & Sports / Associations/Non-Profits|