Recycling and Distribution Manager
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
- Permanent, full time position
- Based in Kingswood, NSW
- Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society's mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a 'hands up' approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Parramatta Central Council (PCC) of the St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW covers a large area from Granville in the south-east, Warragamba in the south, as far out as Blackheath in the west taking in five Local Government areas.
The Distribution Centre (DC) supports the work of Vinnies stores and service delivery to people we assist. This busy hub has a team that efficiently sorts donated goods and prepares stock for distribution to Vinnies shops; a truck transport network that collects donations, transport stock to Vinnies shops, deliver quality goods to people we assist and for emergency relief.
The Recycling and Distribution Manager will oversee the overall operation at the Kingswood Distribution Centre. The role will:
- provide guidance and support to staff and volunteers
- ensure that the different aspects of operation are running efficiently and all workers are complying with policies and procedures
- ensure that stock and emergency goods levels are adequate to meet supply needs
- implement internal controls and compliance procedures, recommend improvements where required
- monitor and report monthly expenditures
- report maintenance requirements for buildings
- protect the security of the Society's resources i.e. stock, cash, vehicle, equipment, building
- undertake administrative tasks including, as well as
- undertake the role of Safety Leader as part of the Safety Leadership team for PCC; ensure all workers comply with safe work practices and WHS procedures
This being a leadership role, your exceptional operations and people management skills are very important to this role. Experience in warehousing management and Forklift Licence are not required but will be advantageous.
You will report to the Retail and Enterprise Operations Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Significant experience in leading, managing and supporting a team
- Experience in implementing financial management and procedures
- Proven planning, multiple task management and coordination skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ethical practice within the workplace
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in implementing risk management requirements
- Understanding of the principles of volunteer management
- Willingness to adhere to the mission and ethos of the Society
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Glen Carter (Retail and Enterprise Operations Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting: Recycling and Distribution Manager (Kingswood) / VIN1477.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 30 May 2019
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Human Resources|