Support Worker - Disability Services (Central Coast)
- Lifestyle Solutions (Aust) Ltd
- Accommodation Service
- Woongarrah location
- Casual roles, variety of hours, 24 hour service
We're people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities across the nation.
We believe everyone is equal - our staff and the people we support. Equality and respect is at the heart of everything we do.
We are on a journey to deliver better service.
We want people on our team who want to make a difference to the lives of others. People who know that it's the small things that make the biggest difference. People who do what they say they'll do and want to part of creating an organisation where we all own our part in making Lifestyle Solutions a great place to work.
We are curren tly seeking passionate and committed Support Workers to provide innovative, flexible, person centred support for people living with a disability in our community. Our purpose built home in Woongarrah accommodates young men and women who have moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and require complex support provision.
- Mentoring and skill development
- Assisting with coaching independent life skills such as cooking and cleaning
- Providing personal care such as showering, toileting and dressing where required
- Providing 24 hour support to the people we support
- Helping the people we support to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Administering and managing medication
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes afternoons, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Previous experience supporting people with a disability
- Experience working with people who have a range of behavioral concerns
- Experience working with people who are non-verbal
- Current drivers licence
- Current Provide First Aid certificate
Successful applicants may transition from Casual to Permanent Part Time.
We are an innovative organisation that is passionate about positive outcomes for the people we support and offer our people an attractive and supportive work environment.
To find out more about these opportunities please call Susan Edwards, Coordinator, on 0427 751 229 during business hours.
The Application Process:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 2 June 2019 at 23:30
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.
Allows you to pre-fill the application using your SEEK profile information and resumé
|Location||Gosford & Central Coast, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|