Behaviour Support Practitioner. Permanent - Flexible location
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Be part of a great team
- Permanent position
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 6,500 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The role is a key resource in working with staff to develop comprehensive behaviour support plans and supporting people with behaviours of concern.
The role requires a comprehensive knowledge of legislative requirements regarding restrictive practices and working with teams to ensure these are implemented and reported on accordingly.
The role will also have responsibility for providing training and coaching to staff regarding strategies for clients.
The role also plays a key role in collaborating and engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders, resulting in positive outcomes for people.
The role supports the Senior Practitioner in ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements both externally and internally
This role could be based in Canterbury or Dandenong
- Work in partnership with teams to implement and promote best practice in service delivery e.g. Person Centred Active Support (PCAS) and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- Support and provide practice guidance, training and coaching to staff especially those supporting participants with complex needs and behaviours of concern.
- Participate in evidence informed practice and research projects leading to improved practice across the services
- Complete analysis of data under the direction of the Senior Practitioner and support the completion of reports written for both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide input into the development of programs and practice initiatives relating to PBS and PCAS and translate these into practice.
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff to assist with skills development.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Sciences, psychology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of client support services in Disability, in particular supporting people with behaviours of concern
- Experience in completing functional behavioural assessments and developing behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, support, coaching, mentoring and training to managers and staff in particular in PCAS and PBS.
- Understanding of the reporting requirements of the Disability Act 2006, in particular regarding restrictive practices
- Understanding of the Safeguarding requirements of the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Exceptional communication skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 23rd May
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
- Life Without Barriers
This job has expired
|Location||All Melbourne, Melbourne|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Health Professionals|