Community Support Worker
- Burke and Beyond
- Join a growing team
- Salary packaging available
Community Support Workers (Casual)
Burke and Beyond is a growing organisation based in the eastern and southern regions of Melbourne. We support people with a disability to gain every day skills and explore pre-vocational and recreational options in their community. Due to rapid expansion through our new Outreach and Social Program, we are looking to employ a number of Community Support Workers to start as soon as possible.
This role is to cover various shifts supporting people with disabilities to participate in community activities. This can be either on a one to one basis or through group activities in our Social events or Day Services. Shifts will be available 7 days a week.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of person centred support.
- Understanding of Disability, not-for-profit community sector or similar
- Effective verbal, written and computer skills
- Positive, can do attitude with the ability to engage and motivate people.
- Demonstrated professional attitude and commitment to continual learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team.
- A current driving license.
- Ability and experience with optimising opportunities to connect people to their community.
- A clear Police record and clearance with the Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme (DWES) is essential.
Experience in working with people with disabilities and/or a Certificate IV in Youth, Disability or Community work would be an advantage.
If you have these skills and have a commitment to empowering people with a disability, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Danielle on 9886 1111 ext. 400 for a position description or to discuss the position.
Candidates must forward their resume to:
Outreach and Social Program
Burke and Beyond
19-23 Macauley Place,
Vic. 3153 Or by email to: email@example.com
Applications close on Friday the 10th of May at 5 pm.
|Location||Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Disability Services|
|Attachment||View and Download the Position Documents|