Personal Carer Team Leader
Personal Carer Team Leader
This position is open to internal employees only
Permanent Full Time
Cairns Respite Centre
Care & Support Services - Care Employee Level 4
Hours per fortnight
Blue Care are inviting internal applications for the role of Personal Care Team Leader, supporting our Respite Services in Cairns.
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Cairns Respite Centre
Classification: Care Employee Level 4
Remuneration Value: $25.49 (FTE $50, 368) + 9.5% Super + Salary Packaging
As a Team Leader, you'll support other Personal Carers in the delivery of care to clients, providing assistance and acting as a resource whilst ensuring any concerns are escalated appropriately.
In addition, you'll deliver individualised support to your own clients living in the community, providing services that promote their independence, enhancing their quality of life and empowering them to spend time doing what matters! You'll provide:
- In home services such as personal care, daily living activities including showering, personal hygiene, food preparation and domestic cleaning.
- Support to participate in community based recreational and social activities
- Transportation and assistance with shopping and appointments
We'll look after you too: As the largest provider of Aged and Community services in QLD, Blue Care offers the unique opportunity to advance your career from Coomera to Katherine and almost everywhere in between. We offer:
- Salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre-tax income.
- Clear career pathways and support for development
- Training and workshops to support you to get there
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts
- Values-led culture, where we emphasise work-life balance
Your skills and experience: You'll be passionate about making a difference and bringing empathy and compassion to your client's lives. You'll be driven to improve their independence and well-being, attentively providing the support outlined in their care plan. You'll be a well-organised, self-starter with demonstrated leadership qualities. You'll present with:
- Certificate III Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability Support
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain
- Experience with technology incl. smartphones, tablets, laptops etc
- QLD Driver's License and roadworthy registered vehicle
Certificate 4 in Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care or other relevant qualifications in a Social Welfare/Human Services/Disability or Health discipline is preferred, but not essential.
Ready to work together? To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. We look forward to receiving your application by 28 April 2019
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Essential: Do you have intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office suite?
Essential: Do you hold a current Australian Drivers Licence?
Essential: Do you have experience as a supervisor?
Essential: Do you hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Assistance, Home and Community Care or Disabilities?
Personal Carer Team Leader (Centre Based) .doc
click here to view
- UnitingCare Queensland
This job has expired
|Location||Cairns & Far North, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Service Managers|