Cairns Community Care
Care & Support Services - Care Employee Level 3
Employment Status: Casual
Location: Cairns Community Care
Classification: Personal Carer, Community
Remuneration Value: $23.42 p/h (FTE $46,278) + 9.5% Super + Leave Loading + 25% casual loading
BlueCare is currently looking for Personal Carers to join our community care team based in Cairns.
As a Personal Carer working for BlueCare, you'll deliver holistic personalised care and support to our clients in the community. You will be required to provide in home care services that maintain and promote the independence of our clients, enhance their quality of life and empower them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life. You'll be resilient, passionate about making a difference and bring a level of compassion to your client's needs.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting clients with in home services such as personal care, daily living activities including showering, personal hygiene, food preparation and domestic cleaning.
- You'll be required to encourage our clients to participate in their community through support with recreational and social activities.
- You'll also provide social support, such as transportation and assistance with shopping and attending appointments.
We'll look after you too:
Our people mean the world to us. As the largest provider of Aged and Community services in QLD, Blue Care offers the unique opportunity to advance your career from Coomera to Katherine and almost everywhere in between. We offer:
- Salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre-tax income
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts
- Ongoing learning and development, training and workshops
- Clearly defined career pathways and support for internal development
- Values-led culture, where we emphasise a healthy work-life balance
- Certificate III Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability Support
- Experience with technology incl. smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops PCs desired, but not essential.
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- QLD Driver Licence and roadworthy registered vehicle
Ready to work together? To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. We look forward to receiving your application by 22 May 2019.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Essential: Do you hold a current Qld Open Drivers Licence?
Essential: Do you hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Assistance, Home and Community Care or Disabilities?
Essential: Do you have a current First Aid and CPR certificate?
Essential: Do you have a Yellow Exemption Card?
Essential: Do you have a road worthy, registered vehicle to drive to and from clients homes?
Essential: If you are successful for this role, you may be required to undergo a series of pre-employment checks, that may include your Right to Work in Australia, Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and a Health Screening Questionnaire. Do you consent to this?
Desirable: Are you willing to travel to support other Blue Care services within this region / catchment area?
Desirable: Have you worked for Blue Care previously?
Desirable: How did you hear about this role?
Essential: Do you have full Australian working entitlements as an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident OR New Zealand Citizen?
Alternate Contact Person
Alternate Contact Number
Position Description - Personal Carer (Cairns Community) Casual.doc
click here to view
- UnitingCare Queensland
|Location||Cairns & Far North, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|