Program Manager (OOHC)
- Work for one of Australia's leading child protection charities
- Excellent staff benefits and salary packaging available
- Experience leading a team and supporting families in PSP/OOHC
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for Barnardos, one of Australia’s leading children’s charities. Barnardos Australia builds relationships between children, young people, their families and the community. They advocate for children and young people and contribute to community knowledge about their issue.
A full time, permanent Program Manager is required for the Temporary Family Care Program based in Cranebrook, Penrith, Western Sydney.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Program Manager will provide day to day support to the Temporary Family Care Program staff; ensuring the delivery of quality casework that is consistent with NSW Care and Protection Act, NSW Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care, Permanency Principles and Barnardos Policies and Procedures. The role includes daily case coordination, conducting reviews of practice and procedure, convening meetings, supervising staff, attending and liaising with local networks, including NSW Family and Community Services.
This position requires travel throughout the Western Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains area.
The successful Program Manager will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Community Services or a related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs and concerns of families and children within the Western Sydney/ Nepean Blue Mountains area
- 5 years’ experience working with children, young people , families and Foster Carers
- Demonstrated working knowledge of case management practices in respect to OOHC system
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of Child Protection Legislation, OOHC and permanency planning policy and practice
- Demonstrated experience in people management and supervision of staff
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment, training and support of foster carers
- Demonstrated experience in assessment and support of restoration of children to their birth parents.
To be considered for roles with Barnardos you will need to have (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children check Clearance (or APP number).
You will also need to have a valid full NSW driver’s license, and capacity to participate in an on-call roster, providing a 24/7 response to children, young people and families
$90, 277 - $96, 278 base (including FBT packaging) + benefits + Super. Motor Vehicle packaging optional.
Expressions of interest
To request an application pack, please hit APPLY NOW or for a confidential discussion please contact Tina Garner on 02 9218 2418
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Management|
|Salary||90,277 to 96,278 per annum|