Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
We support people who require individualised assistance to live at home due to disability, frailty or mental illness. Support Workers play an important role in our organisation. They provide quality services to people and they form an integral link with our teams.
We are looking a Support Worker in the Geraldton area to join our team on a part-time basis. If successful for the position you will be assisting our customers in a variety of tasks including community/social supports, personal care and domestic assistance.
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Providing support services including community supports, domestic assistance, personal care and social supports.
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
What we require:
- Previous experience in Disabilities, Aged Care or Mental Health is preferred
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Availability to work a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekend.
- A current driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle are essential
In return, you will have access to some great benefits! Salary is a rate of $21.90 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation with the option of salary packaging up to $18,550 tax free! You will also be paid travel time and kilometres, receive comprehensive training and generate Annual and Personal leave.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
To be considered for this role you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document.
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Closing date for this position is: 15th May 2019
|Location||Geraldton, Gascoyne & Mid West, Regional WA|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|