NDIS Casual Support Worker
- Richmond Fellowship Queensland
- Providing psycho-social support to clients
- Provide clients with identified support with day to day tasks and activities
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
An opportunity has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic casual Support Workers to join Queensland’s leading community mental health organisation - RFQ. These positions are best suited to professional and compassionate people who genuinely aspire to support people to live meaningful lives.
About the position
The casual support workers will join the Metro South core support team. Casual support workers will deliver community outreach individualised core and capacity support services to RFQ Metro South NDIS participants.
- Degree in a human services related field; or Certificate IV/Diploma in Mental Health or equivalent and demonstrated previous experience working with people with mental illness
- A strong sense of professional boundaries and integrity
- Current open driver’s licence and access to a registered roadworthy and insured vehicle
- Smart phone to be used for work purposes
- Positive Notice Card, or ability to acquire
The successful applicant
The successful applicants will demonstrate:
- experience in working with vulnerable and disadvantaged persons.
- life and work skills that is transferable into the role.
- values alignment to RFQ.
- good working boundaries as well as flexibility.
- a positive attitude towards those who are marginalized and disadvantaged living with mental health challenges.
Richmond Fellowship Queensland (RFQ) was founded in 1974 and is part of a world-wide movement founded in Richmond, England in 1959.
Today, RFQ provides a diversity of evidence-based psychosocial recovery and allied health services. From working in acute mental health wards and correctional facilities and supporting discharge and release pathways, to keeping people healthy in the community, including through therapeutic supports, RFQ’s vision captures the passion and conviction of our work: A future recovered for people facing mental health challenges and social disadvantage. This statement of hope is also captured in RFQ’s branding name, Recovered Futures. Our RFQ community inspires and reassures people in recovery that there is hope and a future.
RFQ further developed its service diversity and opportunities with Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland (MIFQ) merging with RFQ in August 2018.
Benefits of working with RFQ
- Competitive remuneration $32.48 / hour plus penalty rates
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 / FBT year including entertainment benefits, novated leasing, mortgage review service and personal parking expenses
- Comprehensive support infrastructure - mobile Client Information Management System, Employee Assistance Program (available for staff and their family) and learning & development opportunities
Please submit your application (maximum two pages), addressing full list of selection criteria, skills and attributes outlined on the position description, together with your resume identifying two referees (including current report).
Further information about the role can be obtained by contacting Area Manager, Nikki Wynne on 07 3363 2513
To view and download the position description please https://applynow.net.au/admin/jobs/179658-rfq37-support-worker-annerley.
RFQ is committed to diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from people with a lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications close 28 April 2019 however, will be considered upon receipt.
This job has expired
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Logan, Brisbane|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Disability Services|
Annerley QLD, Australia