Lifestyle Assistant / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane North, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Community Aged & Disability teams provide support and services that enable our clients to maintain their independence - living happily and healthily within their own homes. We recognise that one size does not fit all, and working together is the key to great outcomes. Our non-clinical lifestyle programs are designed to support individual needs, incorporating the principles of social inclusion, choice and control, enablement, empowerment and independence; and our clinical supports include nursing and allied health care at home, along with domestic and personal assistance.
We have an opportunity for a Lifestyle Assistant to join our team in Caboolture on a casual basis, covering both planned and unscheduled leave. Working with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, the Lifestyle Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of activities and lifestyle programs which enable clients to participate in a variety of experiences to improve their quality of life, taking into account the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of each individual. Our successful applicants will also be flexible, considerate and available at short notice.
A friendly, focused and dedicated Aged Care or Disability Services professional, you will bring the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A background in planning, conducting and evaluating activity and diversional therapy programs - or an interest in developing these skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of people including staff, management, clients and their families in an appropriate manner
- Dedication to working within the Aged Care, Community and Disability sectors to improve and enhance the lives of clients
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment and to manage your own workload
- Commitment to ongoing quality improvement and professional development of the service and yourself
You will need to hold qualifications for this role and although we prefer a Certificate IV in Leisure and Health, this could be an exciting opportunity for someone with a Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care, Home & Community Care or Disability Services to embark on a new challenge. So if you have some practical experience in group activities or lifestyle programs and a genuine interest in developing your career in this sector, and are willing to undertake further training, please submit your application.
You will also need:
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- A current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Capability to meet the physical requirements of the role
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Work with a team of passionate and caring professionals, under an proactive and empowering manager
- Enjoy work and life balance with casual hours, supporting clients to lead enriched lives
- Gain further training with career development and opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program, including health and wellbeing support
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3894
For further information please contact
Liz Hare on 1300 610 610
Applications close Sunday 7th April 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
|Location||Northern Suburbs, Brisbane|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|