Team Leader - Case Management
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
- Permanent, full-time 38 hours per week
- Based in Bowral; involves travel within surrounding LGAs including Wollondilly & Wingecarribee
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
- SCHCADS Award, Level 5, hourly rates range from $38.01 to $40 depending on qualifications/experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Work with an experienced dedicated team
- Opportunity to work as part of a community and build strong partnerhsips
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society's mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a 'hands up' approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
SVDP NSW Support Services provides support for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in NSW. It is a Special Work of the St Vincent de Paul Society of NSW and is comprised of 15 plus different programs across the state. SVDP NSW Support Services cares for single men and women, women and children, two parent families, men with children and young men and women who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. All our services provide case-management and advocacy for each client.
The Team Leader - Case Management will lead a small team that cover areas within the Wollondilly & Wingecarribee LGAs. Key responsibilities will include:
- ensuring that the team is able to provide support that is client focused, socially inclusive, non-judgemental and empowering underpinned by best practice principles
- providing case management support to clients i.e. case plan reviews, referral to appropriate internal/external services etc
- participating in continuous quality improvement activities e.g. accreditation, review of policies and procedures
- fostering a service culture characterised by partnership and collaboration both within the team and across the Service and other stakeholders and clients
- assisting the Regional Manager as may be requested e.g. response to any government reviews or changes
This role will report to the Regional Manager - Supported Accommodation & Case Management. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of case management principles especially trauma informed care practices
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in supervisory role and understanding of administrative, accountability and data management processes
- Capacity to coordinate and project manage multiple projects
- Good communication skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, mental health, legal assistance, income support, employment service providers, training and accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- An ability and commitment to maintain an ethical, non-judgmental, attitude towards clients and staff
- Sound knowledge of WH&S legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Understanding of child protection issues, legislation and requirements.
- Understanding of homelessness issues and its effects
- Willingness to work within the ethos and vision of the St Vincent de Paul Society.
- Sound knowledge of the social, community and private rental housing market in NSW.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations
- Demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning, including people with complex and/or high-level needs
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current NSW driver's licence
- Proficiency with computers and industry-related software is required.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please call 0428 060 294 or email to Jen Dixon (Regional Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Team Leader - Case Management (Bowral) / VIN1365.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 24 February 2019
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
Information on how to apply.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
This job has expired
|Location||Tumut, Southern Highlands & Snowy, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Case Manager|