Disability Support Worker. Permanent, Part Time - Port Augusta
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Multiple Permanent Part Time positions available
- Access to Salary Packaging Options
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are seeking motivated, enthusiastic Disability Support Workers to work in our Supported Accommodation Service in Port Augusta. Work across a flexible roster, which may include evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Life Without Barriers provides individualised support to Aboriginal men with a disability living in a 24 hour, 7 days a week residential home. We are seeking passionate, dedicated staff who are committed to supporting Aboriginal people with complex issues, including acquired brain injury and mental illness to live in the community.
- Encourage clients’ involvement in culturally appropriate vocational and recreational programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Case Plans/Individual Plans.
- Enhance independence and daily living skills, and some personal care may be required.
- Maintain appropriate records for individuals.
- Assist individuals to engage in cultural activities and maintain cultural connection.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain before commencement).
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence.
- Experience working with Complex Behaviours.
- Passionate about provide Person-Centred and Active Support.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter in one document, click 'Apply'. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
- Life Without Barriers
This job has expired
|Location||Coober Pedy & Outback SA, Regional SA|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|