Aboriginal Home Care I Home Care Worker I Western Aboriginal Branch (Leeton/Narrandera) I Casual
Aboriginal Home Care provides culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people throughout Australia; including domestic assistance, personal care, social/community and transportation thus enabling them to live independently in their homes.
This position is working with the Western Aboriginal Home Care Branch - you will be required to work and live within or near to Leeton, Narrandera and the surrounding suburbs and you will need to be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week (or as required by the Branch).
What would you do as a Home Care Worker?
- Support individuals with their personal care, community engagement, transport needs and social activities all in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Work closely with Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Work as part of a team, supporting a client and competently as an individual.
- Be flexible in regards to shift commitments and work locations.
- Share the Australian Unity values of being bold, warm and honest.
What are we looking for?
- Identify as Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander or have an awareness of working with these cultures.
- Have access to an insured vehicle to perform all duties required in this role.
- Valid NSW driving license.
- Open to completing background checking (Right to work/Police and reference checks).
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support (Aged or Disability is highly regarded).
What can Australian Unity offer you?
- Supported professional development and training.
- We pay both travel time and mileage travel.
- Access to a mobile phone, which can be used outside of working hours.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave (permanent employees only).
- A connection to one of the oldest living cultures in the world.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan
- Australian Unity
Australian Unity is an equal opportunities employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds
This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career and join us at an exciting time of growth!
For further information, see our Careers website at www.australianunity.com.au
This job has expired
|Location||Wagga Wagga & Riverina, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|