JUNIOR EVENTS AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- Mai-Wel Limited
- Maximum Term Contract for 3 months, based in Maitland
- Are you creative with a high level of drive and flare?
- Be part of The Mai-Wel Group’s corporate communications and marketing team!
We are seeking a multi-skilled all-rounder who is organised, adaptable and energetic. If you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, liaise with a range of stakeholders (at a variety of levels) and push your planning and coordinating skills to the limit then this role is for you!
Working closely with the Communications & Corporate Identity Facilitator, you will play an integral role in coordinating the execution of our current stable of events. You will provide assistance to ensure the effective and timely delivery of event management solutions. This will include:
· Event coordination - coordinating a range of internal and external events from conception to reconciliation, including scheduling, pre-event planning, maintaining budgets, event logistics and execution including the coordination of speakers, suppliers, staff and volunteers.
- Event planning and reporting - including event proposals and event analysis.
- Contract management - including venues and event suppliers as well as sponsorship contracts and stakeholder management.
- Ticketing – developing and implementing a marketing plan, taking bookings, ticket sales.
- Using your creative flare to decorate the room appropriately, direct the event night video, photograph events.
- Writing media releases, website content, thank you letters, sponsorship and donation requests
To be successful in this position, you will have experience across events and/or marketing, with strong administrative skills and a track record in working on multiple projects concurrently. Previous experience in producing events for the not for profit sector, while not a requirement, would be an advantage.
Please ensure your application demonstrates the following selection criteria:
- Event management experience with proven experience in dealing with stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills with immaculate attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, including the ability to adapt and multi-task in a busy environment
- Confident communicator, both verbal and written, and experience in relationship management
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Understanding of budget management
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (knowledge of Adobe Suite would be an advantage)
- Ability to work autonomously and follow direction
- Have a passion for events and a general interest in working in the not for profit sector
- Current driver’s license
What will we give you?
Mai-Wel is recognised by an overwhelming majority of staff as a truly great place to work. We will offer you training and development, autonomy and responsibility to grow in the role, competitive remuneration, salary packaging, recognition, job satisfaction and the opportunity to enjoy your working week — not just your weekends!
Please note: All applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered for a role. If an applicant does not show how they meet the selection criteria the application is unlikely to be considered.
The Guidelines for Applicants can be obtained via www.maiwel.com.au/careers/how-to-apply. Enquiries can be made to Teena Markulin on (02) 4057 2900.
Applications can be made via: http://www.maiwel.com.au/careers/employment-opportunities.
Application closing date: Friday 18 January 2019.
All offers of employment with The Mai-Wel Group are made subject to the preferred applicants meeting certain pre-employment; health, criminal and working with children checks. The Mai-Wel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has expired
|Location||Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Fundraising & Marketing|