Home Care Worker / Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Far North, QLD
About The Position
Anglicare’s Far North Community Aged & Disability service offers a range of supports and assistance to a variety of local residents, including help at home, social inclusion and community connectedness. We are looking for people who can provide practical and emotional help to others, calling on their own real-life experiences to build rapport and relationships. Your support will enable our clients to remain living independently and comfortably in their own homes, throughout the Townsville region. We have two part time roles available, to cover shifts that are generally between 6.30am and 8.00pm, both weekdays and weekends.
We have a variety of clients requiring assistance, so alongside a friendly, proactive manager your focus will be on supporting people to be the best they can be. This means having fun and enjoying life:
- Personal grooming and hygiene; assistance with medication reminders and general self-care
- Transport assistance to the supermarket, or to watch a local sports team
- Assistance with domestic duties and general help around the house
- Helping our young people with disabilities - including visits to the hairdresser, Mani-Pedi’s or the local café for a coffee
- Outdoor activities, a gentle stroll, taking someone to the movies once a week, or helping out in the garden
- Food shopping, menu planning and meal preparation - or assisting with arts, crafts and new creations!
To ensure the most effective and continuous care, we require our Home Care Workers to be dedicated, reliable and flexible. We look for:
- A fantastic attitude and genuine interest in helping others
- Various hobbies - sewing, arts, gardening, cooking and scrapbooking to name a few!
- Experience in various outdoor pursuits and activities
- A practical understanding of hygiene assistance and commitment of care
- Enjoyment in social activities, and one-on-one engagement
- Understanding of physical limitations and a safe, sensible approach
- Creativity, enthusiasm, sensitivity and emotional stability
- Strong communication and organisational skills - able to manage your time and support clients to do the same in an everyday capacity
Our team members come from all walks of life, and these roles will suit:
- Career changers, tree changers and young people with passion
- People who have some extra time and appreciate being with others
- Those who have strong work ethics and enjoy being team players
Qualifications will include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability, Community Services or equivalent
- Completion of Module HLTHPS006 - Assist clients with medication (desired)
- Completion of Module HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems (desired)
- Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- A current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Immunisation against Tetanus, Hepatitis A and/or Hepatitis B
- Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the role
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with a supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- Flexibility of work and life balance with part time hours
- Providing quality of life for people within your local community
- Ongoing training and support to assist with your personal and professional development
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3777
For further information please contact
Pania Brown on 1300 610 610
Applications close Friday 25th January 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding withcompassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.
- Anglicare (Southern Queensland)
|Location||Townsville & Northern QLD, Regional QLD|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|