2 x Support Worker Roles – Mental Health Experience & Strong Understanding of NDIS
- Fixed Term Contract – Until June 2019
- NFP Salary Packaging Available
- Orange, NSW Location
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia's Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaM) and Enhanced Community Living Supports (EACLS) Programs in Orange are strength and recovery centred programs supporting people whose lives are severely affected by a mental illness.
The programs caters for people 16 years and over who are willing to receive help for their diagnosis and to address any drug and alcohol issues during the course of participation.
The Support worker roles will provide case management support to people 16 years and above whose lives are severely impacted on by mental illness. This support will include, but is not limited to, the development and/or further enhancement of clients living skills, engagement in community life, access to income support, employment, education and training, and health services to reduce barriers to independent living caused by mental health issues.
- Respond to referrals according to service guidelines and conduct thorough assessments using strengths based approach to clients, assessing their support needs.
- Develop, implement and review individualized case plans (individual recovery plans) for each client addressing issues including, but not limited to, living skills, welfare needs, interpersonal skills, health, education, training, employment options, social skills, recreational needs and family relationships
- Ensure that information on relevant community resources are available to clients and that appropriate referrals are made and followed up
- Document clear and concise records including statistics and outcomes and submit reports where required.
- Participate in and implement all continuous quality improvement activities within the service to ensure compliance with Health and Community Services standards.
- Manage and administer a number of tasks in a coordinated, efficient and timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications and/ or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a mental illness
- Demonstrated experience in case management/ support planning
- Sound knowledge of and experience in negotiating local service systems including mental health services
- Strong understanding of the NDIS
- Demonstrated skills in mediation and advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Click "APPLY NOW" noting applications close 16 th of August 2018.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Support Worker - Orange August 2018.docx
Advertised: 02 Aug 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Aug 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Mission Australia
This job has expired
|Location||Blue Mountains & Central West, Regional NSW|
|Profession||Community Jobs / Support Workers|